Workers' Compensation FAQs

After being injured at work, many people have questions about their rights and the workers' compensation process. At English Lloyd & Armenta, we will meet with you for free to discuss your rights. Below are some general answers to workers' comp FAQs. For information specific to your legal claim, contact our office.

Our offices are located in Rancho Mirage. We help injured workers throughout the Coachella Valley pursue workers' compensation benefits.

Common Workers' Compensation Questions:

How Much Is My Case Worth?

Knowing the amount of benefits you are entitled to can only be determined after you have seen a doctor — one who is independent of the insurance company. At English Lloyd & Armenta, we will work closely with your treating doctor to understand the impact your injury will have on your life. We then pursue the maximum benefits possible.

How Long Will I Get Workers' Comp Benefits?

Your workers' compensation benefits will last until your doctor determines you have reached "maximum medical improvement" (MMI). Once your doctor decides it is safe for you to return to work, your benefits will end. This is why it is important to choose your doctor wisely, make sure it is someone you trust, who is looking out for your health and not the financial interests of the insurance company.

How Much Will It Cost To Hire An Attorney?

At English Lloyd & Armenta, we provide free consultations to all of our clients — it will cost you nothing to meet with us and discuss your rights. If you choose to hire us, the costs of proving your benefits are paid at the end of the case from the awarded benefits, and are approved by the court. The funds are then issued by the insurance company, not by you.

What Should I Do If My Medical Benefits Have Been Cut Off?

If you have been denied workers' comp medical benefits, or your medical benefits have been cut off, the best thing you can do is talk to a lawyer. At English Lloyd & Armenta, we know the tricks insurers use to stop benefits and try to force workers back on the job before they've healed. We will fight to get your medical benefits back.

What Should I Do If My Permanent Disability Benefits Have Been Denied?

Permanent disability benefits are awarded when a doctor has determined that your injury will leave a permanent impairment. Because these benefits are so dependent on the opinions of doctors, you need to select your doctor carefully. At English Lloyd & Armenta, we will depose your doctor, send you for a second opinion and build a strong case for permanent disability benefits. When necessary, we will bring your case before a judge and prove you are entitled to benefits.

For More Specific Answers To Your Questions Call 760-895-1580

Schedule your free consultation today. Contact our law office to speak with one of our attorneys. Se habla español.