English Lloyd &

habla espaÑol

Call for a Free Consultation


How much of my pay can my employer take for workers' comp costs?

When Coachella Valley workers get injured on the job and are then denied needed and deserved workers' compensation benefits, they often turn to experienced attorneys to help them in their fight for crucial medical care and wage replacement.

English Lloyd & Armenta has been serving the Valley from our Rancho Mirage office for more than 30 years. In that time, we have helped countless clients fight for their workers' comp benefits and taken the time to carefully answer countless questions important to those we're serving. Among the questions is one that makes a lot of sense: How much of my pay can my employer take for workers' comp premiums?

The answer might surprise you: your employer can't take even a penny from your pay for those workers' compensation insurance premiums. Those costs are part of his price of doing business.

Another question we have heard a number of times: What should I do if I get hurt at work? First, get emergency medical care if you require it. Then tell your supervisor or employer as soon as possible about the incident. If you report the injury or work-related illness promptly, it will help prevent slowdowns in benefits including medical care and partial wage replacement.

Please remember: If you don't report your injury within 30 days of the injury, you could lose those benefits.

We can answer many more questions for you as we help you appeal a denial of your needed California workers' comp benefits. Please see our Workers' Comp FAQs for more information about what English Lloyd & Armenta can do for you.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Avvo Rating 10.0 Superb Avvo Clients' Choice 2012 | Workers Compensation Avvo Top Contributor 2012  | Workers Compensation Palm Spring Life | California's prestige magazine | top lawyers 2010-2014