A career in construction is vital to society, as hardworking employees in the industry year after year build our homes, schools, and businesses for us to use. It’s a rewarding career for many with tangible positive outcomes for society. Unfortunately, however, a career in construction is also one of the most dangerous industries. Thousands of construction workers each year are seriously injured on the job, and some tragically lose their lives. However, in some scenarios, the injuries suffered or deaths were preventable.
Desert Hot Springs Construction Accident Attorney
If you or someone you love has suffered an injury while working in construction, it’s vital to seek legal help from a personal injury attorney. An experienced Desert Hot Springs construction accident lawyer from English, Lloyd, & Armenta can help you get the compensation you deserve for your suffering. In addition, we will work to hold the responsible parties accountable and ensure that you receive the care you need.
How Do Construction Accidents Occur?
Construction work is dangerous, and accidents are likely to happen. However, there are some common causes of construction injuries that can be prevented:
- Slip and fall accidents: These types of injuries account for a large percentage of construction site injuries, but they can be easily prevented with specific safety measures. Workers should always wear the proper footwear, like steel toe boots, and maintain a clean work environment.
- Caught-in or crushed accidents: Construction workers can be injured or killed when they become trapped between objects or when heavy objects fall on them. These accidents can be prevented with proper safety equipment like cages around heavy machinery and correct safety procedures.
- Falls from height: Getting hit by falling objects is also a common cause of construction injuries. To prevent these accidents, workers should use proper safety gear like harnesses and helmets and avoid working on slippery surfaces.
- Injuries from tools: Many construction injuries are caused by tools and equipment. Workers should be appropriately trained in using these tools, and safety gear like gloves should always be worn.
- Exposure to toxins: Some construction sites expose workers to dangerous toxins. Pesticides, asbestos, and silica are the most common examples of this type of exposure. The best way to prevent this type of injury is with proper safety gear, like respiratory equipment.
- Unstable workspaces: Construction workers often have to work in precarious positions, which can lead to accidents. Construction sites should be checked regularly for stability to prevent this type of injury.
These are just some of the many ways workers can be injured on a construction site. If you have been injured in a construction accident, it’s essential to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney to determine your legal options.
Are You Eligible to File a Construction Accident Claim?
If you’ve suffered an injury on the job, there may be legal options available to you. You are likely eligible if any of the following apply:
- You were injured or killed on a construction site.
- You were injured on a public work site, such as a road or bridge.
- Your illness was caused by exposure to toxic chemicals or other materials on a construction site.
- You were injured while working as a subcontractor or independent contractor.
- Your employer failed to provide the right equipment or safety training.
- You were injured because of another employee’s negligence, such as a co-worker’s failure to follow safety procedures or a supervisor who failed to provide the proper supervision.
Construction accidents are preventable, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy to hold the responsible parties accountable. If any of these situations apply to you, it’s essential to speak with a construction accident lawyer as soon as possible. English, Lloyd, & Armenta can provide legal consultation and determine if you have a case.
How to File a Construction Accident Personal Injury Claim
If you’ve been injured in a construction accident, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. The first step is speaking with an experienced construction accident lawyer, who can evaluate your case and determine your legal options.
In order to file a claim, you will need to prove that your injury was caused by the negligence of another person or company. This can be difficult to do, especially if you are recovering from your injury and unable to work. An experienced lawyer will help gather the evidence necessary to support your claim.
You may be able to receive financial compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. However, it’s important to consult a lawyer as soon as possible after your accident to meet any workers’ compensation deadlines.
What Qualities Should I Look for in a Desert Hot Springs Construction Accident Lawyer?
When choosing a lawyer to represent you in a construction accident case, it’s essential to choose someone who has the following qualities:
- Experience: It’s important to choose a lawyer with experience in personal injury cases. An experienced attorney will know how to effectively build and present your case.
- High ethical standards: You want to ensure that your lawyer is someone you can trust. They should have high ethical standards and be willing to put your best interests first.
- A good fit: You should choose a lawyer you feel comfortable with. If you don’t work well together, it can make it challenging to present your best case.
- The ability to communicate: A good lawyer should be able to communicate effectively with you and your doctor, as well as other key figures involved in your case.
- Transparency: Your lawyer should be open and honest about your case, what to expect, and how they plan to proceed, without hiding anything.
- An honest assessment of your case: A good lawyer will take the time to fully understand your case and what you hope to achieve. They will then give you an honest assessment of your chances of winning and what you can expect to receive in compensation.
These are just a few of the things you should prioritize to look for in a Desert Hot Springs construction accident lawyer, as these qualities shape the quality of the representation you receive.
Construction Accidents and Wrongful Death Scenarios
Construction accidents can happen in several ways. You could be injured by falling debris or machinery, electrocuted on the job, exposed to toxic chemicals, or hurt in any number of other ways. A brutal reality is that construction accidents can and often do kill workers. This is especially common when large machinery is involved. Construction accidents can also lead to wrongful death lawsuits intended to hold negligent parties accountable for the untimely death of a worker.
There are benefits to filing a wrongful death suit by family or friends of the deceased. A wrongful death suit can help provide closure to the loved ones of a deceased worker.It’s also possible that filing a wrongful death suit could lead to additional compensation. This could be in the form of additional insurance policies, life insurance claims, or other assets belonging to the deceased worker, such as retirement accounts.
The Premier Desert Hot Springs Construction Accident Attorney Team
Being involved in a tragic construction accident can be a life-changing event. You may be unable to work, have mounting medical bills, and struggle to get by.That’s where the right lawyer can help. At English, Lloyd, & Armenta, we have a team of experienced lawyers dedicated to helping injured workers get the compensation they deserve. We understand what you’re going through and will fight for your rights every step of the way.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a construction accident,don’t hesitate to contact us and consult.We’ll review your case and let you know how we can help. Contact us today, and let’s move the needle on your personal injury case.
We specialize in reviving and closing stalled workers’ comp cases on your behalf.
We work hard to get you the proper medical care and full benefits you deserve.
Wage & Hour
We stand strong and fight to maximize compensation for wage and hour violations.