La Quinta Restaurant Accident Attorney
Enjoying a meal outside of the home is a treat that many people enjoy on a regular basis. It’s a great opportunity to socialize and relax with friends, family, or colleagues over some good food and drinks. Because the act of going out to eat is so commonplace, it’s easy to forget that there are potential risks involved. Restaurant accidents do happen, and all restaurant owners have a responsibility to provide a safe environment for their patrons.
When someone is injured in a restaurant, it can leave a lasting impact on their life. Not only are they dealing with the physical pain and suffering that comes with their injuries, but they may also be facing financial burdens because of medical bills and lost wages. If you, a friend, or a family member has been injured in a restaurant accident, it’s important to seek legal help as soon as you have the opportunity.
Representing the La Quinta, California Area With Restaurant Accident Legal Support
English Lloyd & Armenta is a personal injury law firm in the La Quinta area that is dedicated to helping people sustain injuries due to someone else’s negligence. We understand how a restaurant accident can turn your life upside down and leave a lasting physical and emotional impact. Our legal team will work to get you the compensation you deserve so that you can focus on your recovery. We strongly believe that eating a meal out should never result in an injury, and we’ll do everything in our legal power to hold the responsible parties accountable.
What Are the Most Common Forms of Restaurant Accidents?
There are many ways a restaurant accident can occur. Some of the most common include:
- Slips, trips, and falls are the most common type of restaurant accidents. These can occur due to a wet floor, uneven surface, or cluttered walkway. These types of accidents can result in serious injuries, such as broken bones, head injuries, and spinal cord injuries. The reason why they are so common is that restaurants are often busy places, and it can be easy for a spill to happen without anyone noticing. Employees also could overlook something as simple as putting out a wet floor sign to alert customers that the floor is slippery. Any failure to allow customers to be aware of a potential hazard can result in an accident and is subject to legal action.
- Burn injuries can occur in a restaurant in many ways. One of the most common types of burns is from hot food or drinks that are served to customers. If a customer is burned by something that was served to them, they could have a valid personal injury claim. Another way that burn injuries can occur is from contact with a hot surface, such as a stovetop or grill. If an employee is not careful when handling hot food or cleaning a hot surface, they could unintentionally burn a customer. Yet another way that a burn injury can happen is from contact with hot water, such as in a bathroom sink or shower. If water is not turned off properly, or if the temperature is not regulated, it could cause a serious burn injury.
- Food poisoning is another common type of restaurant injury. This can occur when food is not prepared or stored properly, and it results in a customer becoming ill. Food poisoning can cause serious health problems, and in some cases, it can even be fatal. If you have been sickened by something you ate at a restaurant, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. You should also save the food that made you sick so that it can be tested for bacteria or other contaminants.
- Various forms of cuts and lacerations can occur in a restaurant. These can happen when a customer is cut by broken glassware, or when they are served food that is too hot, and it burns them. Cuts and lacerations can also occur from contact with sharp objects, such as knives or other kitchen utensils. In some cases, these injuries are very serious and require extensive medical treatment.
- Finally, restaurant accidents can also occur due to violence. This can happen if there is a fight between customers or employees, or if a robbery or other crime takes place. If you are the victim of a violent act, it’s important to get to a safe place and call the police as soon as possible. You should also seek medical attention if you have been injured. People cannot forget that restaurants are public places, and if the owners do not take proper security measures, they could be held liable if an assault or other crime takes place on the premises that are directly tied to the lack of security.
While there are other potential forms of restaurant accidents, these are some of the most common. If you are experiencing injury from a restaurant, it’s important to seek legal counsel to discuss your options. A La Quinta restaurant accidents lawyer can help you recover damages for your injuries and will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
How to Respond to a Restaurant Accident Injury
It is important to know what to do next after a restaurant injury. Many people don’t know how to respond to such an accident, and as a result, they may miss out on important opportunities or take actions that could harm their case.
If you’ve been injured in a restaurant, here are some tips on how to respond:
- Seek Medical Attention
If you’ve been injured in a restaurant, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Many people try to tough it out after an accident, but this is a mistake. It’s important to have your injuries examined by a medical professional so that they can be properly treated. In addition, getting prompt medical treatment will document your injuries and provide evidence that can be used in a personal injury claim.
- Update the Restaurant of Your Injury
Once you’ve received medical attention, the next step is to notify the restaurant of your injury. This can be done by speaking to a manager or supervisor, or by calling the restaurant and asking to speak to someone in management. It’s important to let the restaurant know about your injury as soon as possible so that they can take steps to correct the hazard that caused your accident.
- Collect Evidence
If you plan on pursuing a personal injury claim, it’s important to collect evidence. This can include various photographs of the scene, witness contact information, and your medical records. It’s important to collect this evidence as soon as possible, as it may be difficult to obtain later.
Is It Required to Hire a La Quinta Personal Injury Restaurant Lawyer?
No, you are not required to hire a La Quinta personal injury lawyer if you’ve been injured in a restaurant. However, hiring an attorney can give you the best possible chance of recovering compensation for your injuries. An experienced attorney will know how to:
- Properly investigate the accident. An experienced attorney has the resources and knowledge to properly investigate the accident. They will know what evidence to look for and how to collect it. This can be critical in proving your claim.
- Handle all communications. After an accident, you will likely be contacted by the restaurant’s insurance company. They may try to get you to give a statement or sign a release. An experienced attorney can handle all communications with the insurance company on your behalf. This will ensure that you do not say or sign anything that could jeopardize your claim.
- Build a strong case. An experienced attorney will know how to build a strong case for you. They will gather all the evidence needed to prove your claim and present it in the most favorable light. This can be critical in recovering the full amount of compensation you are entitled to.
- Negotiate a settlement. An experienced attorney will know how to negotiate with the insurance company to get you the best possible settlement. If the insurance company is unwilling to offer a fair settlement, an experienced attorney will not hesitate to take your case to trial.
These are huge value-adders that an experienced attorney can bring to your case. Without an attorney, you may miss out on critical evidence or say something that could jeopardize your claim or delay your case. The risks are simply too great to not have an experienced attorney on your side.
How to Choose the Best Legal Representation for Your Accident Claim
Not all La Quinta personal injury lawyers are created equal. When choosing personal injury attorneys to represent you, it’s important that you choose one with:
- A proven track record of success in personal injury cases. When seeking damages for an accident, you want an attorney who has a history of obtaining favorable outcomes for their clients. Ask your prospective accident lawyer about their past successes in personal injury cases and what they could leverage on your behalf.
- The resources to investigate and build a strong case. To win damages, you need an attorney who is willing to invest the time and resources into building a strong case. This includes retaining expert witnesses, gathering evidence, and constructing a persuasive argument.
- The willingness to take your case to trial. Some personal injury lawyers are quick to settle cases out of court. While this might be in your best interest in some cases, in others it could mean accepting a lower settlement than you deserve. Make sure your attorney is prepared to take your case to trial if necessary.
These are areas where you should not settle for less when choosing a personal injury lawyer. Having someone who can reverse engineer the insurance company’s strategy and has a proven track record of success will put you in the best position for a successful outcome.
How to Avoid Restaurant Accidents in the Future
While it is not possible to completely avoid all accidents, there are some steps you can take to reduce your risk of being injured in a restaurant. These include:
- Pay attention to your surroundings. When you are in a restaurant, be aware of your surroundings. Watch for things like slippery floors or loose mats. Because many people do not expect to be injured in a restaurant, they may not be as careful as they should be. However, after dealing with an accident, you will likely be more aware of potential hazards.
- Be cautious when entering and exiting. Many accidents occur when people are entering or exiting a restaurant. Be careful when walking in and out and watch for things like ice on the sidewalk or uneven steps. It’s these pivotal moments when many people are injured.
- Check your food to ensure it appears cooked. When ordering food, make sure to check that it looks cooked before eating it. If it is undercooked or anything about the food’s texture or appearance raises a red flag, send it back. It’s not worth risking your health for a meal.
- Check the temperature of beverages before drinking them. Just like with food, it’s important to check the temperature of your beverage before taking a sip. Hot liquids can cause serious burns, so make sure they are at a comfortable temperature before drinking them. Because many times people are not expecting to be burned by a beverage, they may not be as careful as they should be.
These are some simple tips that can help you avoid being injured in a restaurant. While accidents can still happen, following these tips can help reduce your risk.
Contact English Lloyd & Armenta Today
If you have been injured in a restaurant, it’s important to seek legal representation as soon as possible. At English Lloyd & Armenta, we have extensive experience handling restaurant accident claims. We will thoroughly investigate your case and work to get you the compensation you deserve. Everyone deserves to enjoy time for themselves at a restaurant without the fear of being injured. This passion drives us to fight for our clients and get them the justice they deserve. Contact us today to begin your case.
We specialize in reviving and closing stalled workers’ comp cases on your behalf.
We work hard to get you the proper medical care and full benefits you deserve.
Wage & Hour
We stand strong and fight to maximize compensation for wage and hour violations.