Palm Springs Restaurant Accidents Attorney
Eating out is a popular pastime, and restaurants are a common destination for locals and tourists in Palm Springs. It’s a time to relax and enjoy good food with friends or family. The act of going to a restaurant can become so commonplace that we don’t always think about the risks. However, restaurant accidents do happen, and victims can suffer serious injuries when they do. These injuries can have a lasting impact on victims and their families, both emotionally and financially. Connecting with a personal injury lawyer can help victims of a restaurant accident in Palm Springs understand their legal options and get the help they need.
Representing Palm Springs Area With Restaurant Accident Counsel
English Lloyd & Armenta has extensive experience helping people who have been injured in restaurant accidents. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that these accidents can take on victims and their families. We are committed to helping our clients get the compensation they deserve for their losses. Eating out should never result in a personal injury, but if it does, our attorneys are here to help like we already have for countless others in the Palm Springs area.
What Kind of Accident Injuries Are Common in Restaurants?
There are several ways that people can be injured in a restaurant accident. Some of the most common accidents are:
- Slip and fall accidents, which occur when someone slips on a wet floor, trips on an object in the way, or falls downstairs. These cases in restaurants are seen frequently as restaurants are constantly cleaning their facilities to keep them clean and sanitary for customers. They are required to leave out signage to warn customers of any potential hazards, such as a wet floor that has been freshly mopped. Any failure to do so can result in a premises liability case, as there is a direct connection between the restaurant’s action or inaction and the injury.
- Burns, which can occur when a person spills hot coffee or tea, is scalded by a boiling pot of water, or comes into contact with a flame. These scenarios can happen when someone is not paying attention and spills a hot liquid when serving your meal or when the staff is not adequately trained in safety and prevention measures. No one should enter a restaurant and leave with a severe burn injury.
- Cuts, which can occur when someone slips with a knife while cutting food, when a shard of glass or other sharp object falls on someone’s foot, or if a customer was served a damaged glass and cuts on their mouth when having a sip. Restaurant workers need to be especially careful when handling sharp objects, and customers should inspect their food and drink for any signs of damage. Despite the best of intentions, cut accidents can and do happen in restaurants and can lead to serious injury.
- Food poisoning, which is a serious issue and occurs when food is not stored or prepared correctly. It can also happen when someone consumes a contaminated food item. This can be a particular problem in restaurants, as there are many people preparing and handling food. It is the responsibility of the restaurant to make sure that all food is properly stored and prepared. If they do not, and someone gets sick as a result, the restaurant can be held liable.
While other types of accidents can occur in a restaurant, the four mentioned above are some of the most common. If you have been injured in a restaurant accident, your recovery will be expedited by working with a personal injury restaurant lawyer who understands the ins and outs of these personal injury cases in restaurants.
What Can I Do If I’m Injured in a Restaurant Accident?
The chain of events that leads to an injury in a restaurant can be challenging to understand, but what’s even more important is the actions you take after the accident. There are a few key steps that you need to take if you’re injured in a restaurant:
- Seek medical attention: This is an essential thing that you can do, even if your initial impression is that your injury can be handled by you at home. Many times, injuries do not appear until later, and it is important to have a professional evaluation. The last thing you want is for an injury to worsen because you did not seek medical attention.
- Notify the restaurant: You should notify the restaurant as soon as possible if you were injured while you were there. This will allow them to investigate what happened and to take any necessary safety precautions so that this doesn’t happen to someone else. They likely became aware of the incident at the moment it happened, but it is vital to have a formal notification as well after you receive medical treatment and are on a path to recovery.
- Keep records: It is important to keep all the records related to your restaurant accident. This would include medical bills, receipts for any medications or treatments you may have received, and documentation of lost wages if you had to take time off from work. All this information will be helpful when it comes time to speak with a personal injury lawyer.
- Talk to a lawyer: The very next step would be to speak with an excellent personal injury lawyer. This is an important step, as there are many nuances to restaurant accident cases. A lawyer will be able to dive deep into the details of your case and determine the best way to proceed that will maximize your chances for success.
- File a claim: If the result of your initial consultation with a personal injury lawyer is that you should file a claim, they will help you do so. This can be a long and arduous process, but the help of a lawyer will dramatically speed it up. Once the claim is filed, the restaurant will have to answer it, and a settlement or trial will ensue.
Taking these five critical steps will set you up for the best chance at success in recovering from your restaurant accident. While it may seem daunting, having the right help on your side will make all the difference in making you feel supported, valued, and on the path to recovery.
What Can I Be Compensated for in a Restaurant Accident Claim?
There are a few different types of bills that you may be able to receive compensation for in a restaurant accident. They include:
- Medical bills: This is the most obvious type of compensation and would include all medical bills related to the accident. This could include hospital stays, doctor’s visits, medication, and any other related costs.
- Lost wages: If you had to take time off from work as a result of the accident, you might be able to receive compensation for those lost wages. This would be determined by taking a look at your past earning history and how much time you had to miss from work.
- Pain and suffering: This is a more general category that can encompass many different things, such as pain and suffering from the accident itself, pain and suffering from any future medical treatments, and lost quality of life.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, you may be able to receive punitive damages from the restaurant. This is meant to punish the restaurant for its actions and deter it from doing something like this again.
Tips for Selecting a Palm Springs Restaurant Accident Lawyer
When looking for a personal injury lawyer to represent you in a restaurant accident, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- You need to find a lawyer who has experience with these types of cases. They will have the knowledge and the resources to help you win your case, as well as a history of clients who have already been compensated for their injuries.
- You also want to find a lawyer you feel comfortable with. They will be your advocate throughout the entire process, so it is crucial that you feel confident in their abilities. They should listen to your story with an open mind and heart while displaying a deep level of compassion and empathy to ensure you are at ease.
- They should exhibit top-notch communication skills and be available to answer all of your questions, no matter how big or small. You should feel like you are their only client and that they have time for you, even though you know they are likely very busy.
- You will also need to secure an attorney who is an expert at the art of negotiation. The outcome of any legal proceeding can be heavily influenced by the negotiation skills of the lawyer on your side, so you want to be sure that you have someone who can articulate your case in the best possible light and adjust their message in response to any surprise attacks from the opposition.
These are just a few things to keep in mind when looking for a personal injury lawyer to represent you in a restaurant accident. By following these simple tips, you will maximize your chances of success to receive the compensation you deserve and move on with your life.
Contact English Lloyd & Armenta Today
Being injured at a restaurant is not a situation that anyone expects to find themselves in, but unfortunately,it happens all too often. If you have been injured in a restaurant accident, do not hesitate to reach out to the experienced lawyers at English Lloyd & Armenta. We have a history of earning justice for clients just like you who have been injured at a restaurant through no fault of their own. It gives us great pride to serve the members of our Palm Springs community, and we would be honored to help you through this challenging time and get your life back on track.
We specialize in reviving and closing stalled workers’ comp cases on your behalf.
We work hard to get you the proper medical care and full benefits you deserve.
Wage & Hour
We stand strong and fight to maximize compensation for wage and hour violations.